Get started with the Top Bar plugin
Installing the plugin
If you have any trouble installing this PRO plugin, see this article for help.
Configure your Top Bar
- Go to the Top Bar menu in your WordPress admin panel.
- Configure your notification bar (it’s all explained there).
- Detect fixed navigation – this checks for sticky elements in your site’s header that may cover or be covered by the Top Bar and tries fix these issues.
- Message – a message for your top bar, be creative!
- Button text – if you enabled the button option, here’s what your button says.
- Button link – a link that’s called when someone clicks your button.
- Button behavior – same/new window when button is clicked.
- Status – activate/deactivate your notification bar in one click.
- Position – make your Top Bar sticky/fixed (or not). Sticky means always visible, even when the user scrolls down the page. You can also set it to Bottom (PRO version).
- Color – choose a background color for your Top Bar.
- [PRO] Border at the bottom – does what it says, looks awesome.
- [PRO] Delay – enter a time in milliseconds before the Top Bar appears.
- [PRO] Font size – change the font-size of the text.
- [PRO] Allow closing/opening – let your users close/open the bar (cookie-based, it will remember what the user did).
- [PRO] Initial state – close/opened.
- [PRO] User visibility – choose who can see the bar (“All”, “Guests”, “Registered users”).
- [PRO] Role restrictions – choose who can see the bar based on roles (under the “Registered users” setting).